Natural branding is a solution for those organisations which are concerned about using plastic, paper or other materials on fruits and vegetables. In natural branding process, the food items are branded using laser marking technique. Hence, the organisations can put their logo, brand name, price etc directly onto the food surface. This sustainable solution is gaining recognition worldwide, as it helps to reduce plastic stickers, sticky glue or other harmful materials used for packaging.
Consumers prefer products and services that are environment friendly. And as reported by The Guardian, amount of carbon emitted during the process of laser labeling is even lesser than 1% of carbon emitted for producing stickers.
This replacement of plastic or paper stickers with laser marking has not only helped organizations to fulfill their corporate social responsibility but has also strengthen their brand as an environment-friendly one.
Marking with laser is helping organizations to directly etch the fruit, vegetable’s surface without hampering their quality. Moreover, a variety of things can be etched on food items along with the brand name, logo, MRP, expiration dates, etc which were traditionally printed on the paper or plastic sticker.
Laser marking through Markolaser machines keep the quality and shelf life of food items intact. Fruit and vegetables are safely labeled without affecting the pulp.
- Shelf life, pulp, and quality of food items are not affected: only the skin is marked.
- Eliminate the consumption of paper, plastic or any adhesive.
- Laser marking process is contact less hence labeling is clean and hygienic. Labelling with adhesive is harmful as it contains non-edible chemicals.
- The labeling process is fast and durable than tradition labeling.
- Low energy consumption than the traditional process.
- Marking is long-lasting and readable.
Foods that can be laser marked:
- Fruit with skin: Banana, apple, orange
- Vegetables with skin: Potato, Eggplant, Pumpkin
- Meat & Sausages
- Cheeses with a rind